Thursday, November 7, 2013

2010 Musical Summary

David Skerkowski: 2010: A Musical Summary
Advance to List of 2010 Recordings.

In the first months of 2010, falling into a pattern from a previous year and responding to taunts that I never shared anything good online, I began compiling original songs in my YouTube account, many of which turned out to have appeared in my previous account, closed by me in November 2007, and had fallen into the wrong hands. After a struggle to reestablish my ownership of these past works, I was free to add to the sorry list, inadvertently rewriting scores of old songs. Miraculously, each reconstructed work was inspired by similar or identical conditions to those which first gave rise to it.

More and more my memory was restored with each relived, rewritten work, and I sought ways to alter my course from the year I was reliving. I recalled that I had formerly been afraid to face homelessness for longer than a week. By December 2010, I decided that I would 'go the distance' of a month in a shelter and find a new home. I would seek my destiny beyond the hillside apartment that had so faithfully thwarted pedestrians from going out of their way to shout insults at my window, my formidable cache of baseball sized stones hardly touched on the patio. December 2010 was also the time of my last short public performance.

These 'double-digit' recordings are my most primitive. I took a naive and somewhat hasty approach to my music for my first hundred projects. Lacking money for cherry cough drops, my sinuses were noticeably affected. I held the microphone too close and 'popped' my consonants. I deliberately mispronounced vowels. But even if poorly recorded and hastily vocalized, these songs are well composed.
Songs Scripts Statements
© 2018. Words and Music by David Skerkowski. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment